Y’all the struggle is real!!!
It’s a daily struggle trying to get your picky eaters to eat their fruits and vegetables!! As a mom, it is so hard sometimes to get your kids to eat healthy, especially when you’re short on time. And no mom wants to be a short order cook!! Making special meals for each member of the family! However, with a little creativity and some simple tricks, you can make healthy meals that your whole family will love and enjoy.
Here are six quick and easy meal ideas that are perfect for picky eaters:
- Hidden Veggie Pizza: Top your pizza with pureed veggies, such as carrots or spinach, that are cooked into the sauce. Add some cheese and your children will never know they’re eating veggies.
- Smoothie Bowls: Blend together some frozen fruit, a handful of spinach, and a scoop of Juice Plus+ Complete, then top it with a few slices of fresh fruit, granola, and nuts. Want some ideas for smoothie energy bite cookies?? Click here…
- Veggie Pasta: Add pureed veggies, such as squash or sweet potato, to your pasta sauce. Your children will love the bright color, and you’ll love the extra nutrition.
- One-Pot Chicken and Rice: Combine brown rice, chicken breasts, and some vegetables, such as peas and carrots, in a pot. Add some chicken broth and seasonings, then let it simmer until cooked through.
- Turkey Meatballs: Mix ground turkey with pureed veggies, such as zucchini or bell peppers, then bake them in the oven until cooked through. Serve with whole wheat spaghetti and tomato sauce.
- Veggie Quesadillas: Spread some refried beans on a tortilla, then add some shredded cheese and your favorite veggies, such as diced tomatoes, bell peppers, and onions. Cook in a skillet until cheese is melted and tortilla is crispy.
As a health coach and nutrition expert, I can help you come up with even more ideas to get your picky eaters to eat their fruits and vegetables and help you create healthy meals that your picky eaters will love. My recipe book is coming out in June…filled with kid tested recipes the whole family will love.
Contact me today to learn more and start making healthy eating a breeze for the whole family!
If you are looking for more ideas for your picky eaters… check out my top tried and proven tips